This had to be shared. It’s just that good. It’s like pulled pork and ribs all rolled into one… only it’s chicken. And it only take a few minutes to throw together. You’re welcome.
Honey Garlic Crock Pot Chicken Ingredients
- 2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (I used Bragg’s to make it gluten free)
- 2 diced onions, chopped into large chunks
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour or cornstarch mixed into 4 tbsp of water
- sesame seeds
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper, and place in crock pot.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, and garlic. Pour mixture over chicken. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot, but reserve sauce in the pot. Dissolve tapioca flour or cornstarch in 4 tablespoons of water and pour into crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce. Cook sauce on high for until it thickens slightly.
- Add the chicken back into sauce and mix to coat.
- Serve chicken over quinoa or cooked rice and spoon on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Photo by Rosa Pearson. Recipe adapted from Kitchen Meets Girl.